Understanding the carry-on policy is critical when traveling with Allegiant Air to ensure a pleasant and stress-free travel experience. Allegiant Airlines, known for its low-cost flights, allows each customer to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item on board. It is critical to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations regarding carry-on baggage in order to prepare properly and make the most of your vacation. This article will go through Allegiant carry-on policy, including what you can and cannot bring on board. For booking cheap Allegiant flights, visit the Booking Trolley or contact +1-585-935-7101.
Allegiant Air’s Carry-On Bag Policy
Maximum Dimensions and Weight
Allegiant Air has specified maximum dimensions for carry-on bags to ensure they fit in the overhead bin securely:
- Dimensions: 10 in. x 16 in. x 22 in. (25 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm), including wheels, pockets, handles, and decorations.
- Weight Limit: 50 lbs. (22 kg)
Personal Item Allowance
Apart from the carry-on bag, passengers are allowed to bring a personal item, which must fit under the seat in front of them. The maximum dimensions and weight for the personal item are:
- Dimensions: 8 in. x 14 in. x 18 in. (20 cm x 35 cm x 45 cm), including wheels, pockets, handles, and decorations.
- Weight Limit: 40 lbs. (18 kg)
What You Can Include in Your Carry-On Bag
Allegiant Airlines permits the following items to be brought on board in your carry-on bag:
- Clothing: Pack the essential clothes items for your journey.
- Personal care Items: This includes toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, and so on.
- Medications: Make certain that drugs are still in their original packaging.
- Electronics: Laptops, tablets, cell phones, e-readers, and other devices.
- Books and magazines: Pass the time by reading on your flight.
- Cameras and Binoculars: Capture your travel memories.
- Food and Drinks: Snacks and beverages for consumption during the flight. Liquids must be in containers of 3.4 ounces or less and fit in a one-quart, clear, plastic zip-top bag.
- Small Umbrella: One small umbrella is allowed in your carry-on bag or personal item.
- Infant Stroller and Car Seat: If traveling with an infant, you can bring one infant stroller and one infant car seat in addition to your carry-on bag and personal item.
Prohibited Items for Carry-On Bags
There are certain items that are prohibited from being brought on board in your carry-on bag:
- Knives, weapons, and other possibly deadly weapons
- Matches, lighters, lighter fluid, fireworks, and other flammable liquids and solids.
- Bleaches and Corrosives
- Poisons and Infectious Substances
- Pressurized Containers and Compressed Gases
- Except for service animals, others are not permitted.
Additional Information and Tips
Fees: While carrying one personal item on board is free, bringing a carry-on bag incurs a cost. The charge varies depending on when you buy it and can be paid either online or at the airport.
Checking Your Carry-On Bag: If your carry-on bag exceeds the size or weight limits, you may be asked to pay a fee to check it at the gate. The fee varies depending on when you buy it and can be paid online or at the airport.
- Pack light: The less you have to carry, the easier it will be to clear security and board the flight.
- Choosing the Right Bag: Make sure your carry-on bag is the right size and easy to handle.
- Pack the necessities first: Pack basics first, such as clothing, medications, and toiletries.
- Maintain Size and Weight Limits in Mind: If you exceed the limits, you may be required to check your bag, incurring fines.
- Comply with TSA Liquid Regulations: Liquids in containers 3.4 ounces or less should be packed in a one-quart clear plastic zip-top bag.
By following Allegiant Air’s carry-on regulations and these packing tips, you can maximize your Allegiant Air travel experience. Explore and book your flights using the Booking Trolley for the most affordable flight options, or call Allegiant Airlines at +1-585-935-7101 for any questions or assistance. Happy travels!